1.1 The ASSOCIATION SANS BUT LUCRATIF, ICC BELGIQUE (hereinafter, « ICC Belgium ») respects the privacy of its users (hereinafter, the “Users“).
1.2 ICC Belgium processes the personal data transmitted to it in accordance with the legislation in force, and, in particular, Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, applicable from 25 May 2018 (hereinafter the “General Data Protection Regulation“).
1.4 The User acknowledges having read the information below and authorizes ICC Belgium to process, in accordance with the provisions of the Policy, the personal data that he/she communicates on the Website.
1.5 The Policy is valid for all pages hosted on the Website and for the registrations of this Website. It is not valid for the pages hosted by third parties to which customsproaward.com may refer and whose privacy policies may differ. ICC Belgium cannot therefore be held responsible for any data processed on these websites or by them.
2.1 Simply visiting the Website shall take place without having to provide any personal data, such as first name, surname, postal address, e-mail address, etc.
2.2 As part of the Service, the User may be required to provide certain personal data. In this case, the data controller is:
ASSOCIATION SANS BUT LUCRATIF, ICC BELGIQUE
RUE DES SOLS 8 STUIVERSSTRAAT
Belgian business registry (BCE) number: BE 0892.722.969
2.3 Any question regarding the processing of this data may be sent to the following address: email@example.com.
3.1 By completing the application, recommendation or any registration form on the customsproaward.com Website and participating to the contest, the User allows, in particular, ICC Belgium to record and store, for the purposes mentioned in point 4, the following information:
- identifying data, such as the first name and surname, e-mail address and company delivery address, country;
- invoicing information;
- communications between the User and ICC Belgium;
The User also authorizes ICC Belgium to record and store the following data for the purposes mentioned in point 4:
- additional information requested by ICC Belgium to the User in order to identify him or to prevent him from violating any of the provisions of the Policy;
3.3 In order to facilitate browsing the Website as well as to optimize technical management, the Website may use “cookies”. These “cookies” record, in particular:
- the User’s browsing preferences;
- the date and time of access to the Website and other data related to traffic;
- the pages visited;
3.4 When the User accesses the Website, the servers consulted automatically record certain data, such as:
- the type of domain with which the User connects to the Internet;
- the IP address assigned to the User (when connected);
- the date and time of access to the Website and other data related to traffic;
- the pages visited;
- the type of browser used;
- the platform and/or operating system used;
- the search engine as well as the keywords used to find the Website.
3.5 No nominative data identifying the User is collected through the cookies and servers consulted. This information is kept for statistical purposes only and to improve the Website.
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING THE DATA
4.1 The Website collects, stores and uses its Users’ data for the following purposes, in particular:
- to establish, carry out and conduct the contractual relationship with the User;
- to analyse, adapt and improve the content of the Website;
- to provide the Service;
- to allow the User to receive messages (for example for renewal notifications)
- to facilitate the availability and use of the Website;
- to personalize the User’s experience on the Website;
- for any marketing activities and promotions proposed on customsproaward.com by ICC Belgium or partners to Users who have given their consent;
- to inform them about any changes on the Website and its features;
- for any other purpose to which the User has expressly consented.
RIGHTS OF THE PERSON CONCERNED
5.1 According to the regulations on the processing of personal data, the User has the following rights:
- Right to be informed about the purposes of the processing (see above) and the identity of the data controller.
- Right of access and verification of data: the User may, at any time, have access to the data that ICC Belgium has on him/her for customsproaward.com or check if he/she is included in the database of customsproaward.com and the Customs Professional Award selection process. ICC Belgium asks the User to make this request by mail in order to be able to identify him with certainty (Please provide ICC Belgium your first name, surname, complete address and a copy of your identity card). ICC Belgium will thus be ensured that only the User accesses his data.
- Right of objection: the User may, at any time, object to the use of his data by ICC Belgium and by its active partners (…) on customsproaward.com and for the Customs Professional Award selection process by sending his request to ICC Belgium by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right of cancellation and/or modification: the user may, at any time, notify ICC Belgium of corrections to the data concerning him on customsproaward.com and for the Customs Professional Award selection process and, where appropriate, request the deletion of his personal data.
- Right of limitation of processing: the User may, in particular, obtain a limitation of processing when he has objected to the processing, when he disputes the accuracy of the data, or when he considers that the processing is illegal.
- Right of transferability: The User has the right to receive the personal data that he has communicated to ICC Belgium on customsproaward.com and for the Customs Professional Award selection process and may also ask said organization to send this data to another data controller.
5.2 The User may, at any time, request access to his personal data, verify them, transfer them, and, in some cases, as aforementioned, limit their processing and rectify them, by writing to ICC Belgium accompanied by a copy of his identity card or passport to the following email address: email@example.com or to the postal address: RUE DES SOLS 8 STUIVERSSTRAAT, 1000 BRUSSELS, BELGIUM.
5.3 The User may also request rectification free of charge and, where applicable, request the deletion of all his personal data from customsproaward.com – except those which ICC Belgium has a legal obligation to keep on record – and object to the use and, where appropriate, request the limitation thereof by sending a written request, accompanied by a copy of his identity card or passport, to ICC Belgium:
- by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by mail: RUE DES SOLS 8 STUIVERSSTRAAT, 1000 BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
5.4 ICC Belgium will then take the necessary steps to satisfy this request about customsproaward.com as soon as possible.
DURATION OF STORING THE DATA
6.1 ICC Belgium will keep the personal data of its Users for the duration necessary to achieve the objectives pursued (see point 4).
6.2 ICC Belgium may also continue to keep personal data concerning the de-registered User, including all correspondence or request for assistance sent to ICC Belgium in order to be in a position to reply to all questions or complaints that may be sent to it after the order, and in order to comply with all applicable laws, namely with regard to taxes.
COMPLAINT WITH THE SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
The User is informed that he has the right to lodge a complaint with the Commission for the Protection of Privacy.
Rue de la Presse, 35
8.1 In order to guarantee optimal payment security, ICC Belgium may use online payment services, which meets high security standards.
8.2 In addition, ICC Belgium takes the appropriate organizational and technical measures to ensure a level of security adapted to the risk and that, to the extent possible, the servers hosting the personal data processed prevent:
- unauthorized access to or modification of this data;
- improper use or disclosure of such data;
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss of such data.
8.3 In this respect, employees of ICC Belgium who have access to this data are subject to a strict confidentiality obligation. Nevertheless, ICC Belgium may in no way be held liable in the event that this data is stolen or hijacked by a third party despite the security measures adopted.
COMMUNICATION TO THIRD PARTIES
9.1 ICC Belgium treats personal data on customsproaward.com and the Customs Professional Award selection as confidential information. It will not communicate them to third parties under any condition other than those specified in the Policy, such as to achieve the objectives set out and defined in point 4, or under the conditions in which the law requires it to do so.
9.2 ICC Belgium may communicate its Users’ personal information to third parties to the extent that such information is necessary for the performance of a contract with its Users. In such case, these third parties will not communicate this information to other third parties, except in one of the two following situations:
the communication of this information by such third parties to their suppliers or subcontractors to the extent necessary for the performance of the contract;
where such third parties are obliged by the regulations in force to communicate certain information or documents to the competent authorities in the field of combating money laundering, as well as, in general, to any competent public authority.
9.3 The communication of this information to the aforementioned persons shall, in all circumstances, be limited to what is strictly necessary or required by the applicable regulations.
TRANSFER TO A NON-EU COUNTRY OR COMPANY
ICC Belgium transfers data of customsproaward.com and the Customs Professional Award selection to a non-EU country only when that country provides an adequate level of protection within the meaning of the legislation in force, and, in particular, the Law of 8 December 1992 on protection of privacy and its executive orders, and Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, applicable from 25 May 2018 (hereinafter the “General Data Protection Regulation“), or within the limits permitted by the legislation in force, for example by ensuring the protection of data by appropriate contractual provisions.
11.1 A payment service can be integrated into the Website.
12.1 The personal data may be used by ICC Belgium or its partners for direct marketing purposes for similar services than those to which the User has already subscribed on customsproaward.com.
12.2 The User retains the right to object to such use at any time, upon request and free of charge. The User may simply communicate his request by writing to the following address: email@example.com.
NOTE CONCERNING MINORS
Persons under the age of 13 and persons who do not have full legal capacity are not permitted to use the Website. ICC Belgium asks them not to provide their personal data.
UPDATES AND CHANGES TO THE POLICY
By informing Users through the Website, ICC Belgium may modify and adapt the Policy, in particular to comply with any new legislation and/or regulations applicable (such as the General Data Protection Regulation applicable from 25 May 2018), the recommendations of the Belgian Privacy Commission, the guidelines, recommendations and best practices of the European Data Protection Board and the decisions of the courts and tribunals on this issue.
VALIDITY OF THE CONTRACTUAL CLAUSES
15.1 Failure by ICC Belgium to invoke – at any given time – a provision of this Policy, may not be interpreted as a waiver to subsequently make use of its rights under the said provision.
15.2 The invalidity, expiration or the unenforceable nature of all or part of one of the above or below mentioned provisions shall not give rise to the invalidity of all the Policy. Any fully or partially invalid, lapsed or unenforceable provision shall be deemed not to have been written. ICC Belgium undertakes to substitute this provision with another which, to the extent possible, fulfils the same objective.
APPLICABLE LAW AND COMPETENT COURT
16.1 The validity, interpretation and/or implementation of the Policy are subject to Belgian law, to the extent permitted by the provisions of applicable private international law.
16.2 In the event of a dispute relating to the validity, interpretation or implementation of the Policy, the courts and tribunals of Brussels have exclusive jurisdiction, to the extent permitted by the provisions of applicable private international law.